Spread the Love and Build Their Loyalty
It's good practice to let new members know you appreciate them, and that was the purpose behind the "Love at First Visit" campaign in Colorado. New member accounts were flagged in KP HealthConnect, but staffers also placed a yellow sticker on a new patient's card during visits to ID them more readily. The UBT held training for staff and physicians, helped new members with directions at the facility, called about first appointments, and created refrigerator magnets with important phone numbers. First visit satisfaction scores went from 57 to 67 percent.
Here's What Worked
- Creating ID system for new members, such as highly visible yellow stickers on member cards
- Training staff and doctors about the importance of new members and how to make them feel welcome
- Making outreach calls for the new member's first appointment
What can your team do to welcome new members to KP?
number of percentage points patient satisfaction scores climbed
Need an Idea? Borrow One!
- Changing Times, Changing Care This team took to the streets to provide care.
- Partnership Sets Tone for Fighting COVID-19 How years of practice working in partnership pays off in a crisis.
- Sleep Team Dreams up Solutions in Partnership How a team put patients at the center as it redesigned its workflow.