Use of Tools
What Use of Tools Means
To identify change they want to make in their departments and test them to see if they work, unit-based teams use tools such as the Rapid Improvement Model (also known as RIM+), process mapping and waste walks. Using these performance improvement tools has allowed UBTs throughout Kaiser Permanente to improve service, quality, affordability and the work environment. UBT Tracker is an online tool teams use to track their projects and tests of change.
Resources by Team Level
Top 5 Use-of-Tools Resources
- How-To Guide: Performance Improvement Achieve a higher quality of care and service.
- UBT Rapid Improvement Model Template Basic steps for RIM.
- Creating a Process Map Create a map of your team's workflow.
- UBT Tracker User Guide A guide to the online tool for tracking team performance.
- Fish Out Your Root Cause Help your team use a fishbone diagram.
What's It Look Like in Action?
- Small Changes, Healthy Babies Team shortens wait times and vaccine rates go up.
- How to Reduce Supply Expenses A toolkit for saving money by getting organized.
- Team Learns "Bladder Bundle" to Protect Patient Safety Three steps your team can take.
- Interdisciplinary Rounds Improve Patient Care Three steps to encourage speaking up.