Workforce of the Future
The future of health care starts with you.
We want to help you sharpen your skills to do the best job possible.
All employees can search career paths, use tuition reimbursement to take courses and explore the content from Workforce Development Week, a virtual event connecting you with resources to build your career.
Eligible union members can:
• Sign up for the critical skills essential to meeting the changing demands of health care.
• Access career counseling, courses and more through 2 Labor Management Partnership-supported education trusts, Ben Hudnall Memorial Trust and SEIU UHW-West & Joint Employer Education Fund.
Also, check out our Future Ready Workforce of the Future Thought Leader Series.
Use the materials below to help prepare for the future. For questions about the Workforce of the Future initiative, email national-wfpd [at] kp.org (National Workforce Planning and Development).
Practical Communication Tools
- Manager’s Guide to Workforce Development Learn what resources are available.
- Find Your Path Learn about Kaiser Permanente’s new career paths tool.
- Critical Skills Toolkit Discuss critical skills with any audience.
- Workforce of the Future Facilitator's Guide Discuss Workforce of the Future with any audience.
- Workforce of the Future Conversation Toolkit Prepare for workforce change and build career resilience.
- Managing Career Growth Guides to address common challenges to career advancement.
- How-To Guide: Workforce Development Find services available to union-represented workers.
See It in Action
- 5 Tips to Build Your Career Explore Workforce Development Week resources.
- Getting Future Ready Thought leader series offers tips to prepare for tomorrow’s jobs.
- Trusts Build Job Skills and Careers Preparing workforce for jobs of tomorrow.
- Finding Your Path Explore career options with new career paths tool.
- Learn Long and Prosper How tuition reimbursement helps workers, managers and KP.
- Navigating the Future Get ready now, build skills for the years to come.
- How Managers Can Support Career Development Great managers build their team's skills. Here's how.